Jump to recipe
Save to BigOven Cuisine French Category Cakes
1 hour, 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped candied orange peel (store bought or homemade)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened, 1 stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light cream or evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Toss the candied orange peel, walnuts and raisins with 2 tablespoons flour. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream margarine with sugar and honey. Beat in egg, then the cream or milk, rum and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and baking powder. Beat into creamed mixture and then stir in fruits and nuts.
- Turn batter into greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Lower heat to 325° and bake 45 minutes more or until it tests done with toothpick. Transfer to rack to cool.
- Makes 8 to 10 slices
Remember, cooking times may vary depending on ovens, so test doneness before stated cooking times.
More recipes you might like:
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 376.39 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 14.63 g|| 22.5%|
| Saturated Fat 2.81 g|| 14.1%|
| Trans Fat 1.67 g|
| Cholesterol 34.49 mg|| 11.5%|
| Sodium 120.39 mg|| 5%|
| Total Carbohydrate 58.36 g|| 19.5%|
| Dietary Fiber 1.68 g|| 6.7%|
| Sugars 37.63 g|
| Protein 4.69 g|
| Vitamin A 2.31 %|| Vitamin C 1.85 %|
| Calcium 4.95 %|| Iron 5.17 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com