Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 6 corn tortillas
- 20 ounce enchilada sauce Note: could also use 1 can enchilada sauce and 1/2 jar salsa
- 1 4 ounce diced green chiles can
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained OR 1/2 lb dried black beans, cooked
- 6 ounce black olives can sliced
- 8 ounce package tempeh crumbled (carnivores can substitute browned crumbled meat)
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves chopped
- 8 ounce package shredded Cheddar cheese Mexican cheese blends work well too
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease or use nonstick spray on a 9×13″ baking pan.
In a medium bowl, combine black beans, tempeh, corn, onion, pepper, and garlic. Dip three of the corn tortillas in enchilada sauce and place on the bottom of the baking pan. Spread half the bean and vegetable mixture over the tortillas.
Dip the remaining tortillas in enchilada sauce and place on top of the bean mixture. Add the remaining bean mixture on top of the tortillas. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the casserole, and sprinkle with olives and shredded cheese.
Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned.
Enchilada Casserole (2)
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.