14 August, 2014
Cupid’s Best Brownies
- 4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Planters Walnuts
- 1 cup ready-to-spread vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup multi-colored sprinkles
Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Grease foil.
Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
Add sugar; mix well. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts; spread into prepared pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool completely.
Use foil handles to lift brownies from pan to cutting board. Cut into heart shapes with 2-inch cookie cutter. Reserve scraps for snacking or other use. Decorate cutouts with frosting and sprinkles.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13.55 g||20.8%|
|Saturated Fat 5.96 g||29.8%|
|Trans Fat 0.23 g|
|Cholesterol 35.34 mg||11.8%|
|Sodium 27.3 mg||1.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.22 g||10.4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.27 g||5.1%|
|Sugars 24.89 g|
|Protein 2.71 g|
|Vitamin A 6.35 %||Vitamin C 0.07 %|
|Calcium 1.56 %||Iron 6.47 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Kraft Canada