- 2 lbs. white potatoes, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 lbs. onions, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ears of Jersey Fresh corn, blanched, & cut from cobs
- parsley, finely chopped
- Boil potatoes with bay leaf, until just tender in one quart of water.
- Saute onions, peppers, celery, and cumin in butter until onions are transparent. Add sage, pepper and flour to the onion mixture with some of the potato water and stir to make a paste.
- Add potatoes and the rest of the potato water and heat. Add the milk and the corn. Heat thoroughly and garnish with parsley.
- Serves 14
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 128.32 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 4.13 g|| 6.4%|
| Saturated Fat 2.34 g|| 11.7%|
| Trans Fat 0.1 g|
| Cholesterol 10.03 mg|| 3.3%|
| Sodium 40.85 mg|| 1.7%|
| Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g|| 6.9%|
| Dietary Fiber 2.93 g|| 11.7%|
| Sugars 5.29 g|
| Protein 3.64 g|
| Vitamin A 5.62 %|| Vitamin C 20.64 %|
| Calcium 6.49 %|| Iron 5.25 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2022 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com