12 February, 2020
Chicken, Fruit and Curry Salad
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups grated coconut
- One 5 1/2-ounce can pineapple chunks, cut in half
- 2 cups halved grapes (seeds removed if necessary)
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 small can cashews (optional)
- 1 small can smoked almonds, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
To make the salad, put the chicken, coconut, pineapple chunks, grapes, and water chestnuts in a large bowl. Toss to mix well.
To make the dressing, mix together the mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, and soy sauce in a small bowl and stir until well blended.
Just before serving, stir the dressing into the salad to blend evenly. Add the cashews, if using them, and the almonds, and mix.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 47.59 g||73.2%|
|Saturated Fat 14.6 g||73%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g|
|Cholesterol 69.39 mg||23.1%|
|Sodium 421.14 mg||17.5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.76 g||5.9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.77 g||15.1%|
|Sugars 10.32 g|
|Protein 19.27 g|
|Vitamin A 1.12 %||Vitamin C 14.16 %|
|Calcium 2.28 %||Iron 10.07 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Multiple Resources