- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh - chopped
- grated Parmesan, to taste
- To a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add sausage. Saute until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up with spatula, about 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender and sausage is no longer pink, about 3 more minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and cream to skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sausage/sauce mixture thickens, about 3 minutes.
- While sausage is browning, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite (al dente). Drain once done, saving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Return pasta to the same pot.
- Add sausage/sauce mixture and toss over medium-low heat until sauce coats pasta, adding reserved cooking liquid by 1/4 ladlefuls, if mixture is dry.
- Add in chopped basil, and Parmesan cheese, before serving.
Nutritional values listed may vary from final results depending on actual measurements and brands used to prepare the recipe.
| Amount Per Serving:|
| Calories|| 705.68 kcal|
| % Daily Value*|
| Total Fat 37.11 g|| 57.1%|
| Saturated Fat 13.99 g|| 70%|
| Trans Fat 0.0 g|
| Cholesterol 84.63 mg|| 28.2%|
| Sodium 812.22 mg|| 33.8%|
| Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g|| 23.4%|
| Dietary Fiber 5.48 g|| 21.9%|
| Sugars 9.56 g|
| Protein 23.65 g|
| Vitamin A 11.61 %|| Vitamin C 18.4 %|
| Calcium 9.91 %|| Iron 20.97 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2021 Copyright © 2014-2020 . All Rights Reserved. BeckiesKitchen.com