20 August, 2015
Cajun Turkey Cheeseburgers with Tabasco Ketchup
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 1/2 each red, yellow and green bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices lowfat pepper Jack cheese
- 4 whole-grain English muffins
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Mix ketchup ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Preheat grill, indoor grill pan, or heavy frying pan to medium high. Coat a medium-sized pan with cooking spray.
Sauté bell peppers 20 minutes over medium low.
Combine turkey with Old Bay seasoning, cayenne pepper, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
Form into 4 patties.
Grill patties 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Remove from heat and top each burger with a slice of cheese.
Toast English muffins. Spread with ketchup. Place each burger on a muffin; top with sautéed peppers.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22.09 g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 8.38 g||41.9%|
|Trans Fat 0.14 g|
|Cholesterol 104.72 mg||34.9%|
|Sodium 532.55 mg||22.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.32 g||9.4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.28 g||13.1%|
|Sugars 2.46 g|
|Protein 34.7 g|
|Vitamin A 10.63 %||Vitamin C 15.15 %|
|Calcium 34.36 %||Iron 19.55 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.