June 7, 2019
Honey Bun Cake
- 1 18 ounce box yellow cake mix with pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (or corn or canola oil)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 8 ounce container sour cream
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a 9 X 13 inch baking pan.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl; beat at electric mixer’s medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
In another bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans; set aside.
Pour half of batter into greased and floured baking pan. Sprinkle half of sugar mixture over batter. Drizzle the honey over sugar mixture. Pour remaining batter on top of honey and underlying sugar mixture. Gently swirl batter with knife.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven.
Combine all ingredients; beat at medium speed until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake and cool. Cut into squares.
Makes 8-12 servings.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 23.69 g||36.4%|
|Saturated Fat 4.62 g||23.1%|
|Trans Fat 0.2 g|
|Cholesterol 72.08 mg||24%|
|Sodium 346.61 mg||14.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.72 g||20.6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.23 g||4.9%|
|Sugars 44.19 g|
|Protein 4.74 g|
|Vitamin A 6.81 %||Vitamin C 0.32 %|
|Calcium 13.76 %||Iron 8.28 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As an Amazon Associate, I receive commissions on purchases made through the following links. Thanks for your support.