5 December, 2017
Cookies and Cream Cake
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (about 8)
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, and egg whites.
Beat on low speed until moistened; beat on high for 2 minutes.
Gently fold in the crushed cookies.
Pour into 2 greased and floured 8-inch round cake pans.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until tests done.
Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, shortening, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 19.9 g||30.6%|
|Saturated Fat 3.41 g||17.1%|
|Trans Fat 1.36 g|
|Cholesterol 0.51 mg||0.2%|
|Sodium 312.18 mg||13%|
|Total Carbohydrate 77.55 g||25.9%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.42 g||1.7%|
|Sugars 66.16 g|
|Protein 3.08 g|
|Vitamin A 0.26 %||Vitamin C 0.15 %|
|Calcium 9.17 %||Iron 4.27 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.