31 March, 2017
Banana Split Buttercup Squash
- 4 cups cooked buttercup squash, mashed
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple (in its own juice), undrained
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 10-ounce bottles of red maraschino cherries
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 48 toasted coconut marshmallows
- cooking spray
Mix squash and pineapple; mash bananas and immediately combine with squash mixture so acid from pineapple prevents bananas from discoloring.
Drain, rinse and halve the cherries. Add cherry halves, milk and eggs to mixture, combine and spoon into baking dish (9 X 13 inches) that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes; remove from oven and top generously with marshmallows.
Return to oven and bake 15 minutes longer or until marshmallows have "puffed" and cover the top.
Yield: 12 Servings
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.33 g||9.7%|
|Saturated Fat 2.27 g||11.4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0 g|
|Cholesterol 37.91 mg||12.6%|
|Sodium 81.02 mg||3.4%|
|Total Carbohydrate 80.75 g||26.9%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.12 g||12.5%|
|Sugars 63.26 g|
|Protein 4.9 g|
|Vitamin A 5.15 %||Vitamin C 12.41 %|
|Calcium 14.73 %||Iron 5.63 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.