21 December, 2018
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium leeks, white part only, sliced
- 1 can (19 ounces) canellini beans, drained
- to taste salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups quick cooking polenta
- 1 jar Barilla Mushroom & Garlic Sauce, divided
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add leeks and cook until tender.
Add cannelini beans, season with salt and pepper. Mix in a half jar of sauce. Remove from heat.
Cook polenta according to package directions.
Spoon half the cooked polenta into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spoon beans over polenta. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese over beans. Cover with remaining polenta and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Heat remaining sauce and serve over polenta.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.25 g||18.8%|
|Saturated Fat 5.37 g||26.9%|
|Cholesterol 19.56 mg||6.5%|
|Sodium 435.27 mg||18.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 54.22 g||18.1%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.77 g||23.1%|
|Sugars 2.75 g|
|Protein 15.85 g|
|Vitamin A 12.03 %||Vitamin C 6.97 %|
|Calcium 29.89 %||Iron 20.24 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.