December 21, 2018
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium leeks, white part only, sliced
- 1 can (19 ounces) canellini beans, drained
- to taste salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups quick cooking polenta
- 1 jar Barilla Mushroom & Garlic Sauce, divided
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add leeks and cook until tender.
Add cannelini beans, season with salt and pepper. Mix in a half jar of sauce. Remove from heat.
Cook polenta according to package directions.
Spoon half the cooked polenta into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Spoon beans over polenta. Sprinkle half the shredded cheese over beans. Cover with remaining polenta and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Heat remaining sauce and serve over polenta.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12.25 g||18.8%|
|Saturated Fat 5.37 g||26.9%|
|Cholesterol 19.56 mg||6.5%|
|Sodium 435.27 mg||18.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 54.22 g||18.1%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.77 g||23.1%|
|Sugars 2.75 g|
|Protein 15.85 g|
|Vitamin A 12.03 %||Vitamin C 6.97 %|
|Calcium 29.89 %||Iron 20.24 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.