16 February, 2016
Applesauce Sweet Potatoes
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans, chopped
Place sweet potatoes in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, melted butter and cinnamon; pour over potatoes.
Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. If desired, sprinkle with pecans before serving.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8.91 g||13.7%|
|Saturated Fat 3.15 g||15.8%|
|Trans Fat 0.17 g|
|Cholesterol 11.45 mg||3.8%|
|Sodium 100.22 mg||4.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 58.49 g||19.5%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.37 g||25.5%|
|Sugars 29.45 g|
|Protein 3.4 g|
|Vitamin A 138.12 %||Vitamin C 15.4 %|
|Calcium 7.69 %||Iron 8.1 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Source: Taste of Home