December 18, 2018
Ancho and Spice Rubbed Flank Steak Tacos
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chile
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs. flank steak
- 2 tablespoons pure or extra virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, mix fajita seasoning, ancho chile, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper flakes.
Rub steak with olive oil. Sprinkle spice mixture over steak and rub well.
Grill 10 to 12 minutes over high heat, turning once for medium rare, or to desired degree of doneness (steak will be very chewy if cooked past medium). Or, broil 4 to 6 inches from heat following grill instructions.
Remove steak to cutting board and cover loosely with foil. Let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly into angled slices across the grain.
Serve with tortillas and any condiments you choose.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14.29 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 4.58 g||22.9%|
|Cholesterol 77.11 mg||25.7%|
|Sodium 63.4 mg||2.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.35 g||0.8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.89 g||3.6%|
|Sugars 0.04 g|
|Protein 24.56 g|
|Vitamin A 3.7 %||Vitamin C 0.33 %|
|Calcium 4.53 %||Iron 14.52 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.